Re: Geometry and temp-buffer-max-height

From: Andrea Vettorello
Subject: Re: Geometry and temp-buffer-max-height
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 09:46:37 +0200

On 8/2/07, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:
>  >> Can you please now confirm that
>  >> the window is _not_ resized on your "local configuration" when you have
>  >> `temp-buffer-resize-mode' enabled and `temp-buffer-max-height' is left
>  >> at the default value.

I've restored `temp-buffer-max-height' to the default value and
enabled `temp-buffer-resize-mode', the temp buffers are not resized,
they span to half the frame height, when passing a geometry option and
with fringe other than default.

>  >
>  > I confirm it, the temp buffer doesn't apply the
>  > "temp-buffer-max-height" if i pass the geometry option, from command
>  > line or .Xdefaults/.Xrerources, and if the fringe-mode is used in any
>  > other way than the default.
>
> That doesn't answer my question but let's ignore this for the moment.
> Could you please add the lines below at the end of your .emacs file,
> restart Emacs, and tell me whether the problem persists (this is by no
> means the correct fix but merely a temporary workaround):
>
> (require 'help)
>
> (defun resize-temp-buffer-window ()
>    ""
>    (unless (or (one-window-p 'nomini)
>                (not (pos-visible-in-window-p (point-min)))
>                (> (frame-width) (window-width)))
>      (fit-window-to-buffer
>       (selected-window)
>       (if (functionp temp-buffer-max-height)
>          (funcall temp-buffer-max-height (current-buffer))
>         temp-buffer-max-height))))

I've included you code, tried with `temp-buffer-resize-mode'  enabled
and default for `temp-buffer-max-height', the temp buffers are
resized.

--
Andrea