Re: OSX "new frame" mangles default face

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: OSX "new frame" mangles default face
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:11:24 -0400

Can someone please try this on GNU/Linux?

From: address@hidden (Randal L. Schwartz)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 23:46:30 -0700

This behavior changed recently (within the past few weeks).  I'm
sorry that I can't narrow it more closely than that.

I have the following in my .emacs:

(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 '(default ((t (:stipple nil :background "white" :foreground "black"
:inverse-video nil :box nil :strike-through nil :overline nil :underline nil
:slant normal :weight normal :height 120 :width normal :family "apple-dejavu
sans mono"))))
 '(fixed-pitch ((t (:family "apple-dejavu sans mono"))))
 '(variable-pitch ((t (:family "apple-dejavu sans")))))

Emacs properly fires up with my selected font.  Also, emacs properly
breaks to a new frame with that font when I use "^X 5 B dummy RET".
Or at least, it *used* to do that.  When I just tried that a moment
ago (for the first time in a few weeks), I got a totally different
font in the new frame.  When I call M-x customize-face RET default RET
in that window, it shows me "apple-monaco"!  Why did it lose my face?
And why did this start only recently?  Ugh!  I hate apple-monaco. :)

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>