Re: How are Windows users supposed to print the PostScript refcards?

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: How are Windows users supposed to print the PostScript refcards?
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 01:56:14 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Regardless of Windows, I agree that PDF would be preferable.
>>
>> Fine with me.  Providing PDFs for every PS in etc would need ~ 1MB, so
>> I think it's not a big deal.  I'd suggest to do it for already for
>> 22.2.
>>
>> Objections?
>
> How about deleting the postscript files and replacing them with the
> pdfs?

Note sure which part of your answer was ironic :-) Seriously, adding PDF
is an idea we can consider ; AFAIK /normal/ people tend to use PDF over
PS. Is deleting PS files such a harm ?

> After all, a few MB here, a few MB there, and soon we're talking
> about real memory.

Well, with your proposition, we'd use less MB:

$ cd ~/src/emacs/etc
$ for f (*.ps) ps2pdf $f
$ du -hc *.ps | tail -n1
3.0M    total
$ du -hc *.pdf | tail -n1
1.2M    total

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  ... KVim is cited in the talk.        |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |   "I can't tell if I am more sorry     |