Re: Customizing the VC backend order

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Customizing the VC backend order
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 23:23:51 -0400

>  I am trying to have mercurial as the first VC backend to be tried before
> falling back on CVS (and the rest).  I tried modifying the order in
> "vc-handled-backends" in my dotemacs file.

That *should* work.

> I really need this to be able to work completely from Emacs, any help in
> this regard is appreciated.

Hmm... that's interesting to know (I'm considering changing the way the
search is done, which would naturally tend to give precedence to backends
whose admin dir is closest, so CVS would then tend to unavoidably take
precedence since it's always as close as any other).

>  Another query: When we specify a backend, does the case matter?
> Example, HG and Hg, are the equivalent?

I think they're not equivalent.  But I couldn't tell you offhand how it
would change things.

        Stefan