[mg: diff-next-line]

From: Han Boetes
Subject: [mg: diff-next-line]
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:08:32 +0200

Hi,

This is a message from Kjell Wooding, the OpenBSD maintainer of mg
-- micro gnu emacs -- a mini emacs clone:

----- Forwarded message from address@hidden -----

This diff adds a "diff-next-line" command to mg.
Basically, it compares the current line (starting at dot) to the
line following, advancing the cursor to the first character that
is different (or eol, if none).

Note: character under the cursor is ignored, so the command can be
used multiple times in a row to find successive differences

It's purpose should be obvious. If are editing a diff, and you want
to know exactly where two lines differ, this will do it.

I don't know if emacs has an equivalent command. (if so, let me know,
and I'll adjust this feature to match)

Comments?

[snip: patch]

----- End forwarded message -----

Doesn't this look like an interesting feature for diff-mode?

# Han