Re: merge emacs-pretest-bug and emacs-devel

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: merge emacs-pretest-bug and emacs-devel
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:23:09 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

> I have no opinion about this question.

Obviously you think the two lists are different because you persist in
forwarding bug reports from the bug list to the devel list. This is
annoying me no end, and is the main reason I am in favour of merging
the two. IMO, it is much easier if all information relating to a bug
is in a single thread, never mind on a single list. Secondarily, there
are those who report bugs direct to devel anyway.

I propose making emacs-pretest-bug an alias for emacs-devel in a week
or so, if there are no objections in that time. I don't know if it's
worth adding a [Bug] tag to messages that are forwarded in this way?

Leaving M-x report-emacs-bug alone will make it easier to change back
in the future, if needed.