Re: Info about available CVS/Arch/Git branches

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Info about available CVS/Arch/Git branches
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:42:08 +0200

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm intrigued by the mention of "git" in the subject line.  Do we have a
>> bidirectionally-synced git repo for Emacs yet?  I noticed
>> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=emacs.git;a=summary
>> but I wasn't sure if it was two-way, since there is no mention of it
>> on the Emacs Savannah project page.
>
> You'll have to ask Jim Meyering about it.

It would appear that this repo is made from CVS.  If it is feasible,
it might me nicer to do this from the arch repo since that would
presumably keep track of the merges (information that is missing from
CVS).  I've had mediocre success using git archimport however.

Maybe it is also possible to extract just the merge info (which commit
was merged into which branch) in textual form from arch?  I could then
try my hand at figuring out a way to inject this info into the git
repository.

--
David Kastrup