Re: merge emacs-pretest-bug and emacs-devel

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: merge emacs-pretest-bug and emacs-devel
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:12:47 +0200

On Sun, Aug 12 2007, Glenn Morris wrote:

> I don't know if it's worth adding a [Bug] tag to messages that are
> forwarded in this way?
>
> Leaving M-x report-emacs-bug alone will make it easier to change back
> in the future, if needed.

`TeX-submit-bug-report' (AUCTeX) and `report-emacs-bug' in XEmacs add the
version number to the subject:

| 11.84; Some AUCTeX bug
| [Bug: 21.5-b27] Some XEmacs bug

This might be useful for Emacs as well (for 22.2+) because it
immediately shows the version / branch information (I'm not sure if
the trunk, unicode and multi-tty have different version numbers at
present; probably they should.).

IIRC, we use "nn.mm;" instead of "[nn.mm]" because the later might get
stripped by mailing software (stripping list identifiers).

I agree that we should keep the different mail addresses in
`report-emacs-bug'.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,