Re: can't turn off font-lock

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: can't turn off font-lock
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:27:47 +0300

>       (mapc (lambda (face) (modify-face face)) (face-list))
>
> Thanks Juri, that's very helpful.  I discovered I don't really want mode
> line faces disabled :), so I'm playing with some conditions, but that's
> a detail.  And it has to be run after packages get loaded, since of
> course it can't disable faces that don't exist yet.  Another detail.  At
> least now I know how to shut them off.

I use the following trick to post-process faces immediately after they
get created.  I also modified this code to not reset mode line faces:

(defun my-faces-fix (&optional frame)
  "Fix defined faces."
  (interactive)
  ;; Check if this function is called by `custom-define-hook' from
  ;; `custom-declare-face' where the variable `face' is bound locally.
  (when (boundp 'face)
    (dolist (face (face-list))
      (unless (memq face '(mode-line mode-line-highlight mode-line-inactive))
        ;; Reset all face attributes
        (modify-face face)))))

;; 1. Fix existing faces
(let ((face t)) (my-faces-fix))

;; 2. Call `my-faces-fix' every time some new face gets defined
(add-to-list 'custom-define-hook 'my-faces-fix)

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/