Re: gnus-summary-catchup turns ticked into unread

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: gnus-summary-catchup turns ticked into unread
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:28:39 -0400

[I sent this message a week ago but did not get a response.
Could we get the discussion moving again?]

    The function definition for the XEmacs version of pop-to-buffer
    is as follows.  There's no difference between XEmacs 21.4 and 21.5.
    The optional ON-FRAME is boolean, so there seems no way to keep
    the compatibility.

    (defun pop-to-buffer (bufname &optional not-this-window-p on-frame)
      If optional third arg is non-nil, it is the frame to pop to this
      buffer on.

I am sure that few callers pass the argument NORECORD to
pop-to-buffer.  So I think an incompatible change would be ok, adding
the ON-FRAME argument before NORECORD.

What do others think?