Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 02:32:23 +0300

> Would someone please install the change?

Done.  I added the variable `initial-buffer-choice' because other names
are less appropriate.  If someone wants to change the prefix `initial-',
please also change prefixes of related variables `initial-major-mode' and
`initial-scratch-message'.

To create links in the startup screen, I modified the previous patch
to use the function `insert-button' from button.el to allow navigation
between links and better processing of their actions.  I hope there are
no problems with this because this function is auto-loaded.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/