Re: QUERY: w32 sub process implementation

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: QUERY: w32 sub process implementation
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:49:44 +0530

Hi,

On 8/20/07, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:
> dhruva wrote:
> > Using ASYNC read and registering callbacks in wait, I feel we can
> > completely do away with threads for sub procs.
> Wil this work on Windows 95/98/ME? According to the MSDN docs,

Could we have a new implementation (and decide at configure time) for
the newer versions on windows only. Just for the sake of
compatibility, do we hold back on improving and simplifying? I agree
we need to support older versions of windows OS but IMHO, should also
move forward.

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!