Re: A bug in tetris

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: A bug in tetris
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:37:06 +0200

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> In article <address@hidden>, address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>
>> Leo <address@hidden> writes:
>> > I am still seeing the same problem with this patch. The default value of
>> > line-spacing is nil which means no extra space.
>

>> Maybe the newlines in the gamegrid must be marked to not increase
>> line height by its own:
>
>>    (propertize "\n" 'line-height t)
>
> Isn't it better to make that the default behaviour if a line
> is not empty?

It would have been an incompatible change, so I didn't do that.

However, I think there might be good reasons to do just that,
and reverse the meaning of the line-height == t to mean _do_
include the newline of a non-empty line in the height calculation.

If we want to do that, I think _NOW_ is the only time to do it.  The
feature is new in 22.1, so probably nobody has used it outside the
code in emacs itself, so a change should be made before releasing 22.2.

(remember to change the uses already in the code).