Re: CVS update fails

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: CVS update fails
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:59:06 +0200

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:53:38 +0200 Stephen Berman <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just tried to update from CVS and it failed.  I did `M-x
> cvs-examine' the `M' to mark all files, the `O' and got the messages
> at the bottom of this post.  When I type `O' the attached single line
> was inserted into the *cvs* buffer above the file listing:

I was wrong, the update didn't fail.  The error message led me to
believe it had failed but the files were in fact updated.  When I ran
cvs-examine again just now, only a few files needed to be updated and
the inserted command line was correspondingly brief.  I guess I had
never run cvs-examine with so many (all?) files needing to be updated
(new arch tag or what?).  So that is evidently what caused the error
message:

> Running cvs update ...
> error in process sentinel: cvs-update-header: Invalid regexp: "Regular
> expression too big"
> error in process sentinel: Invalid regexp: "Regular expression too big"

Steve Berman