Re: merging etc

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: merging etc
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:55:49 +0900

Ok, I've put all the changelog info from the arch logs into
"ChangeLog.multi-tty" files in the various emacs directories (on the
multi-tty branch).  I split the entries by directory and generally
cleaned up the text.

Richard also said he wants the multi-tty changelogs "crunched" before
merging -- i.e., essentially replacing many historical entries for a
given function/variable by a single entry for it with all the changes
(or in the case of a new function/variable, all entries for it except
"New function/variable" can be dropped entirely).  I'm not sure how
this is supposed to work for multiple authors changing the same
function.... (one changelog entry per author?).

That seems like a daunting task given the size of the logs though...

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.