Re: cperl mode comments still parsed and colored

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: cperl mode comments still parsed and colored
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:41:05 -0400

> occasionally to keep it happy.  It's definitely a lot better than perl-mode,
> which required some serious contortions to get right,

For what it's worth perl-mode now does a better job of it.
Obviously I use perl-mode.

> and why no serious Perl hacker uses perl-mode any more,

And indeed, I'm no Perl hacker ;-)

> and why we're happy Ilya crafted cperl-mode to

Yes, it was a significant improvement.  But I must say it had too many
idiosyncrasies for my taste, which is why I preferred to improve perl-mode
than to use cperl-mode.  perl-mode still lacks some things from cperl-mode,
of course.

        Stefan