Re: Bootstrap Error 2 still occurs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Bootstrap Error 2 still occurs
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 23:51:22 +0200

"d.henman" <address@hidden> writes:

> This problem has been around for about three weeks.
> Apparently, tramp-fish.el requires 'tramp which can not be found and the
> boostrap process fails.
>
> Hopefully this is only a sequencing error.  But, I am not familiar with the
> tramp code
>
> I am attempting the build with cygwin and x-window.
>
> I would appreciate some help on solving this build problem in the
> net/tramp-fish area.

I do know a little bit about tramp-fish (in fact I wrote it). Unfortunately,
I do not run cygwin. And I cannot see anything in Tramp which matches to
the error. I can tell at least that it works for Ubuntu.

Could somebody using cygwin please report whether this problem happens
there as well --- or not? This would give a first indication whether it
is a general problem, or something in your local environment.

> Regards,
>    Darel Henman

Best regards, Michael.