Re: Compile error (multi-tty branch)

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Compile error (multi-tty branch)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 03:04:02 +0300

>> I'm getting the following compile error (during "make bootstrap") from
>> the multi-tty branch head:

>> Symbol's value as variable is void: button-buffer-map
>> make[2]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 255
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/greg/src/emacs/src'
>> make[1]: *** [bootstrap-build] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/greg/src/emacs'
>> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
>
> I added "button" loading to loadup.el.  Please wait until this change
> gets synced to the multi-tty branch, or the multi-tty branch gets merged
> to the trunk (I don't know what happens sooner), and then make bootstrap
> again.

Actually sync won't help.  On the multy-tty branch "startup" loading is
placed almost at the top of loadup.el, and after syncing from the trunk
compilation will fail because on the trunk "button" loading is too late.
So I manually changed loadup.el on the multy-tty branch: added "button" to
load after "faces" and moved "startup" to load after "button".  It seems
moving "startup" a little below doesn't have a negative consequence.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/