Re: make-network-process's gethostbyname usage

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: make-network-process's gethostbyname usage
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:45:11 -0400

    So how can we fix configure to DTRT?

    a) Include -lresolv in the check for HAVE_RES_INIT.

We can certainly do that, if that gives the right results.
Do you know of any residual problem that would remain
if that is fixed?

    b) Include -lresolv in LIBS if and only if HAVE_RES_INIT is defined.

    If that is in place, it should be trivial to add

    #if HAVE_RES_INIT
        res_init();
    #endif

    before all calls to gethostbyname and getaddrinfo.

By all means.