Re: merging etc

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: merging etc
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 00:07:42 -0400

    But I think even CVS would be able to create changelogs directly from
    the commits the way Emacs maintainers wants it, so I dont see what
    switching to git would change in this regard. Its more of a cultural
    issue. (git would of course bring us many other benefits)

The CVS change logs are insufficient because they do not list the
authors' names.  They list who checked in the change.

So that simply is not an option.