Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 08:33:26 +0900

David Kastrup writes:

 > I should think it Debian's rather than our job to deal with the
 > ensuing breakage.

I didn't know that either Debian or Emacs paid their developers.

Seriously, do whatever results in the least effort and acrimony in the
long run.  There are at least four options:

1. Spend time fielding the FAQs and explaining to the users that
Debian is at fault in hopes that they will complain and get Debian to
do something;

2. Save the users' time and bitch at Debian directly;

3. Do nothing; and

4. Make it harder for Debian to screw up this way.

My preference would be 4, in the form of GPLing the docs, but I guess
my self-interest is showing there! ;-)