Re: C-x z is useless after switching frames

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-x z is useless after switching frames
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 21:08:05 -0400

    Inherently, changing `real-last-command' is not "nice".

I wasn't thinking of changing it; rather, not setting it at all for
those kinds of events.

That probably works in practice, because the only other package
that tests `real-last-command' is table.el, and I think it could
just as well use `last-command'.

But you are right that this isn't entirely clean.
What could be a cleaner method?

Perhaps to make a new variable and set it at the C level, almost like
`real-last-command' but excluding certain commands, or certain events.

    Disregarding my scruples, how do I tell whether `real-this-command' was
    bound to an input event at the time of executing

              current_kboard->Vreal_last_command = real_this_command;

My idea was to test last_command_char.