Re: merging etc

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: merging etc
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 21:08:22 -0400

    This is not related to this issue, but when I check in changes written
    by someone else, I find it helpful to put their name in the first line
    of the CVS log entry.

It may be related.  If we were to adopt such a convention and practice
it uniformly, it would eliminate that one reason.

I think that there are other issues.  For instance, when I make
related changes in several files, I put them together in the ChangeLog
file.  But CVS wouldn't know that.

CVS could know that if the files were checked in together,
but I can't do that with VC, which is the only way I know.

Another issue is that when we make a systematic simple change in lots
of files, sometimes we don't bother mentioning them all in ChangeLog.
But in the combined CVS log, they would all have to appear
individually (right?).

Perhaps there are systematic solutions for all these issues.