Re: regression in C-x v = in latest versions

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: regression in C-x v = in latest versions
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:12:46 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

>     (if (and oldvers (equal oldvers (vc-workfile-version file)))
>       ;; Use nil rather than the current revision because svn
>       ;; handles it better (i.e. locally).
>       (setq oldvers nil))

esr's removal of the above quoted code caused the problem.

> I don't understand.  Is this patch your suggested fix, or is it the
> patch you say broke things?  Please always be explicit about that.
> It is not good to have to guess the answer.

I really don't see what was unclear about my message. The patch was a
suggested fix.

> If it is your suggested fix, why do you suggest generalizing
> vc-workfile-version?

Because esr's changes seem to have as one of their goals generalizing
VC to be able to handle lists of files (aka filesets) rather than one
file at a time. Eg vc-svn-diff has been changed to handle a list of
files.  This means that the functions it calls need to be changed
likewise.