Re: etags licence?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: etags licence?
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:07:45 -0400

    > As a consequence, this would mean that Gentoo has to mark its Emacs
    > packages with "GPL-3 FDL-1.2 BSD" as licence info.

If the idea is that that lists all licenses found anywhere in the
package, I guess it is right.  Except that they should write GPL-3+
since Emacs is released under "GPL version 3 or any later version".

However, in practical terms the license for etags.c is GPLv3.

Note that there is also code in Emacs under an old X license
in the directory oldXMenu.