Re: gnus inserts headers in body

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: gnus inserts headers in body
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 07:11:35 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Reiner Steib wrote:
>
>> No, I've never seen this happen for me (and I don't recall reports
>> about it neither) and I edit and send drafts quite often.  Ideas
>> anyone?
>
> It has happened to me several times.
>
>>> I've always suspected it may be some Gnus/VM interaction with
>>> different settings for some message header separator...
>>
>> Are you saying that you use VM?  I don't know how VM may interact here
>> as I don't know it.
>
> Yes, I use VM as well as Gnus. I have the impression the problem
> occurs when I: start Gnus, compose a message, save as draft, start VM,
> do some stuff, return to Gnus, edit draft, send.
>
> I realize it was a vague complaint, I'll try to track down more
> details when I can. It may well be my fault somehow.

Perhaps related:  News servers have occasionally rejected articles of
mine because they consisted of only headers (or something like that).
Inserting a blank line after the "--text follows this line--" line has
solved this problem when it occured.

The strange thing is that this blank line is not always needed.