Re: Gnus no longer highlights articles in CVS version

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: Gnus no longer highlights articles in CVS version
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:42:15 +0200

    Johan> Klaus Zeitler <address@hidden> writes:
    >> (defun show-tabs () "Show tabs with a slightly changed background"
    >> (font-lock-add-keywords nil '(("[\t]"  (0 'tab-face t)))))
    >> (add-hook 'font-lock-mode-hook 'show-tabs)
    >>
    >> This will add '("\t" (0 'tab-face t))' to each buffers font-lock-keywords
    >> I have no idea why it breaks syntax highlighting in Gnus.
    Johan>
    Johan> It activates font lock's fontification mechanism, which removes the
    Johan> `face' properties that Gnus added "manually".

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. The line above should
IMHO just add a keyword, but it shouldn't remove anything.
Since I've used this for years I wonder what has changed in Gnus recently.
It works with emacs 22.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Alcatel-Lucent               |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's
already tomorrow in Australia.        -- Charles Schultz