Re: Emacs 23 and table package

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 and table package
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:34:04 +1000

I have narrowed down the problem I have been having with emacs 23 on a gentoo system to the app-emacs/table installation.  A copy of an incompatible version of table.el is installed in a directory, /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/table, referred to and loaded by code inserted in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site- gentoo.el, when I have enabled the loading of that file as suggested by the installation of independent emacs-related packages.

Removal of app-emacs/table removes the offending bit.  I will file a bug if it appropriate to do so for a CVS emacs version?

I have filed bug number 190635 at bugs.gentoo.org about this problem.