Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:05:29 -0400

chad brown wrote:

> with the #undef MULTI_KBOARD line commented out.  This seems to be a
> feature of autoconf, but I'm not familiar enough with autoconf to be
> sure, or figure out how to work around it.  Can someone more familiar
> with autoconf either fix src/config.in or tell me how to do it, so I
> can verify the diagnosis (and look for further problems)?

Try the following.

(Also, these changes should be moved to configure.in so that
autoheader will regenerate src/config.in in the right format).

*** config.in   29 Aug 2007 05:27:54 -0000      1.232
--- config.in   29 Aug 2007 22:03:18 -0000
***************
*** 930,947 ****
  #endif

  /* Multi-tty support relies on MULTI_KBOARD.  It seems safe to turn it
!    on unconditionally. */
  #ifndef MULTI_KBOARD
  #define MULTI_KBOARD
  #endif

  /* If we're using the Carbon API on Mac OS X, define a few more
     variables as well.  */
  #ifdef HAVE_CARBON
  #define HAVE_WINDOW_SYSTEM
  #define HAVE_MOUSE
- /* XXX The MULTI_KBOARD support does not work yet on this platform. */
- #undef MULTI_KBOARD
  #endif

  /* Define USER_FULL_NAME to return a string
--- 930,948 ----
  #endif

  /* Multi-tty support relies on MULTI_KBOARD.  It seems safe to turn it
!    on unconditionally.
!    XXX Except on Mac Carbon, where this feature does not work yet.  */
! #ifndef HAVE_CARBON
  #ifndef MULTI_KBOARD
  #define MULTI_KBOARD
  #endif