Re: Compilation order. Help with makefiles, please!

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Compilation order. Help with makefiles, please!
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 03:15:06 -0400

    Is "major" not an exaggeration?  The sort of change I suggested (record=
    ing
    the precise dependencies between the cc-*.elc files) would be fairly
    localised in effect.  It could set a precedent for further changes,
    though.

Exactly.

    Thus changing cc-langs.el makes a recompiliation of cc-{mode,engine}.el=

    necessary.  I can't see how this can be done sensibly within the CC Mod=
    files.

That is a valid argument.  I guess we do need to put specific files in
lisp/Makefile.in.  I wish it were not necessary, but it is.

Please write it, and show us what the code looks like.