Re: Tramp confused by files' ctimes

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp confused by files' ctimes
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:23:00 +0200

Johannes Weiner <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Hannes,

> It is fixed.  I am interested in what was broken, though.  Unfortunately, you
> updated a lot of things with the last commit, so I can't hunt it down.. ;)

        * tramp.el (tramp-handle-set-file-times): Flush the file
        properties.

Tramp caches file information, in order to avoid (expensive) remote
commands retrieving the same information again and again. When there
is a change on the file, this information must be reset.

It happened to you because I've introduced recently some optimization
accessing files located on localhost. This place I've forgotten.

> Thank you!
>
>       Hannes

Best regards, Michael.