Re: address@hidden: Eamcs 22.1 comint-scroll-show-maximum-output bug]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Eamcs 22.1 comint-scroll-show-maximum-output bug]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:21:36 -0400

    > My 2005 message seems to say it was for the sake of
    > comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-input.

    I don't know how you reach that conclusion.

Look at the words in the message.

    >     1) Don't set it to 10000 in comint buffers, since it doesn't seem to
    >        be needed.
    >
    > How did you reach the conclusion that it isn't needed?

    I could answer that more easily if you could tell me how you reached
    the conclusion that it _is_ needed.

Unfortunately, I do not remember that.
I can tell you what that old message seems to say,
but I don't recall anything about it myself.