Re: mention risky local variables "!" choice

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: mention risky local variables "!" choice
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 19:47:38 -0400

address@hidden wrote:

> OK, then please document the **** changes stuff below:
>
>    Some variables, such as `load-path', are considered particularly
> "risky": there is seldom any reason to specify them as local
> variables, and changing them can be dangerous. ****> Emacs will not
> prompt with "!" in this case, and even if you enter it, <**** Emacs
> will not record any values as safe for these variables.

When Emacs does not prompt with !, you can't enter it. This is so
self-explanatory as to not be worth documenting.

If there are both risky and unsafe variables, it does prompt with !,
but that only applies to the unsafe variables. This non-trivial case
is what the current manual refers to, quite clearly I think.

> And don't forget the other important points of my original important
> post.

I must have missed them.