Re: 23.0.50; Some modes are not enabled in subsequent frames

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; Some modes are not enabled in subsequent frames
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 08:16:07 -0700

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

  > Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
  > usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

  > Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
  > and the precise symptoms of the bug:
  >
  > I have the following settings:
  > (xterm-mouse-mode t)

This has been discussed at length on emacs-devel some time ago, AFAIR
there was no agreement on how to fix it. The fix should not be hard
once a decision is made what to do. You may want to look for that
discussion an reopen it.

  > (mouse-wheel-mode t)

Don't know about this one.

  > (menu-bar-mode -1)

This has changed after the multi-tty merge, I think you need instead
to set window-system-default-frame-alist. But I am not completely sure
about that.