Re: Change in emacsclient behavior

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Change in emacsclient behavior
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 14:44:30 -0600

>>>>> "David" == David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

David> I want to be able to say something like
David> emacsclient -a emacs -f emerge-files-command file-a file-b file-c
David> and have it work as expected.

I've been wanting this for 'gdb --args' for a while now.  Currently
I'm using a hack in shell-mode that looks for gdb and instead invokes
M-x gdb.  This is nice but not perfect -- first of all, due to
longstanding habit I'm not much of a shell-mode user; and second, this
doesn't work in all the places where 'gdb --args' may work
(specifically I want to be able to be able to run gcc sub-processes
using the debugger, i.e., script it).

Tom