Re: svn icons in the toolbar

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: svn icons in the toolbar
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 08:26:29 +0200

Richard Stallman skrev:
    > I think that would cause more trouble than it is worth, because not
    > all systems have development versions of png libraries installed (as I
    > recently found).

    I don't think there is any trouble here.

    It will fall back on xpm icons.

If they are good enough, why not simply use them always?
Why use other formats at all?

If you want to try out or replace Emacs icons with something else, it is easier to just copy png icons to etc/images, or set image-load-path to a directory with png icons (png seems to be the most used format for Gnome and KDE), than to first convert them to xpm. Also, I think xpm had some issues with transparency, but that may have been solved now.

        Jan D.