Re: svn icons in the toolbar

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis
Subject: Re: svn icons in the toolbar
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 08:08:01 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:

    I don't think there is any trouble here.

    It will fall back on xpm icons.

If they are good enough, why not simply use them always?
Why use other formats at all?

Well, "fall back" tends to imply "not as good".

Aesthetically, the XPM icons may be serviceable for a fallback but they aren't "good enough" when the other programs on your desktop are using PNG or SVG icons. That's why I was motivated to write my patch in the first place. ;)

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis