Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 15:49:26 +0100

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> I might be misreading this, but does this mean that mac carbon is essentially
> dead now, and won't be fixed, thanks to multi-tty being merged?

One developer, who is currently the main maintainer for the Carbon port,
has expressed the view that merging the Cocoa port (Emacs.app) would be
a better use of his time than continuing to maintain the Carbon port
once the unicode branch is merged. It does not mean that others cannot
continue to maintain the Carbon port if they feel it is necessary, nor
does it mean that any effort to fix the bugs in the multi-tty
functionality would be wasted, as most of the non-UI Carbon code will
still be used by the Cocoa port.

In the short term, your testing effort is probably more useful on the
EMACS_22_BASE branch anyway.