Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:25:39 -0400

    As many programs usually contain 4 pages on the About screen: "Authors",
    "Licence", "Report Bug" and "How to Contribute", Emacs could do the same
    even without using Info files (which are not always available).

I don't mind having those four, but our current About display
has other things in it too, and I don't want to just discard them.

    There are 4 files in the root directory of the Emacs tree that exactly
    correspond to these 4 pages: AUTHORS, COPYING, BUGS and CONTRIBUTE.

I am not sure that all 4 of those are the right way to handle these
4 commands.