Re: Bumpe unicode2 branch version to 23.0.52

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Bumpe unicode2 branch version to 23.0.52
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 19:54:36 -0400

Kenichi Handa wrote:

> The branch tag for Unicode version of Emacs is emacs-unicode-2. It's
> very unfortunate that it is not yet merged into the trunk. I hope
> that Richard decides to that soon.

I interpret this message:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-09/msg00180.html

   What we need to do now is merge the multi-tty changes into the
   Unicode-2 branch, then install the Unicode-2 changes into the
   trunk.

to mean that he has already decided, and that you should go ahead at
your convenience.

> In this May, he said that he wanted one or two months to decide
> which feature to include in Emacs 22.2 before merging
> emacs-unicode-2.

This reason (keeping trunk and release branch similar) cannot apply
any more. After the merge of multi-tty to the trunk, the trunk and
release branch differ significantly.