Re: Old-style backquotes in cc-vars.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Old-style backquotes in cc-vars.el
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 23:26:07 -0400

>> If I do write them, I'll be sure to contribute them. On the
>> selfish end, I've already fixed my code that needed the fixing,
>> so the motivation to write the code is not high at present.

Richard> It would be nice to have a couple of utility
Richard> edit functions that turns old-style backquotes to
Richard> new-style backquotes.
Richard>
Richard> Would you like to write them?

>  If someone can point me to the complete definition of old and new
> style (and variants if any), I will try to develop a tool to do the
> conversion automatically. I have done a bit of parsing related work
> and feel I can do it.

I did it with a macro that did something like:

   C-u C-s ([`,address@hidden C-SPC M-x up-list RET DEL C-u C-SPC C-d C-SPC
C-M-u C-d
   C-u C-SPC

-- Stefan