Re: Old-style backquotes in cc-vars.el

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: Re: Old-style backquotes in cc-vars.el
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 06:29:53 -0700

Here is what is needed:

A) Convert (` ...) to `...
Thus:
(` (progn ...))
becomes `(progn ...)

(, ...)
becomes ,...

    dhruva> Hi, On 9/5/07, T. V. Raman <address@hidden>
    dhruva> wrote:

    >> If I do write them, I'll be sure to contribute them. On
    >> the selfish end, I've already fixed my code that needed
    >> the fixing, so the motivation to write the code is not
    >> high at present.

    Richard> It would be nice to have a couple of utility edit
    Richard> functions that turns old-style backquotes to
    Richard> new-style backquotes.
    Richard>
    Richard> Would you like to write them?
    dhruva>
    dhruva>  If someone can point me to the complete definition
    dhruva> of old and new style (and variants if any), I will
    dhruva> try to develop a tool to do the conversion
    dhruva> automatically. I have done a bit of parsing related
    dhruva> work and feel I can do it.
    dhruva>
    dhruva> -dky
    dhruva>
    dhruva> -- Dhruva Krishnamurthy Contents reflect my personal
    dhruva> views only!
    dhruva>
    dhruva>