Re: mouse-autoselect-window

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 16:49:25 +0000 (UTC)

The original post described a desire to shift automatically from frame
to frame.  You can only do that with a focus-follows-mouse policy.

When you have a click-to-focus policy in your window manager, I would
expect having to click on a new frame -- I do not expect an instance
of Emacs within a window manager to govern an enclosing window
manager.

That may be our difference.

The documentation for   mouse-autoselect-window  says

    Non-nil means autoselect window with mouse pointer.

and does not refer to frames at all, so I would not expect to select a
different frame unless I had focus-follows-mouse policy.

Try auto-selecting an Emacs window in another frame when you have a
focus-follows-mouse policy turned on.  Of course, the action may be
the window manager's doing.

Indeed, I suspect it is; it does not matter, since it shows that some
one can shift automatically from frame to frame.

I cannot doing anything for window managers that are limited in their
focus policies.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden