Re: callback functions in Emacs

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: callback functions in Emacs
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 11:42:43 +0530

Hi,

On 9/5/07, Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> wrote:
> so, given that emacs does -batch (and now -script),
> the race is on: who will post emacsclient reimplemented
> in elisp?  anyone?  can't be more than a couple dozen
> lines and a few weeks of testing (ttn sez, optimistically).

I had put in a dirty hack a while ago when emacsclient was still not
ported on M$ in it's current from. I posted it on this list too, the
response was "no point in loading a full blown emacs to interpret the
elisp script and execute as a client".

Well, it has both the server and client implementation as I wanted to
handle some auth and stuff that came on th elist. It is very basic and
a beginners attempt to write one, I stopped working on it and has been
dormant ever since.

FWIW, the script it still at:
http://dhruvakm.googlepages.com/emacsserver.el

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!