Re: bug of display-table & make-glyph-code

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: bug of display-table & make-glyph-code
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:09:02 +0200

Actually, Stefan has pointed out that the current behavior was
implemented to fix a bug, and it matches the documentation.  So I
don't think there's a problem here.

We both agreed on that before.  However the bug led the OP to believe
that this is Emacs' standard behavior and he wanted to have it back.

I suggested to have `display-buffer' not split dedicated windows
(unless there's just one) which should fix his problem.  If we don't,
could someone please tell the OP that we are not going to change this.