Re: mouse-autoselect-window

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:22:23 +0200

> I don't have Emacs_22_BASE but the patch applied cleanly to window.el
> in the released Emacs 22.1.  However, I see no difference to the
> behavior without the patch: with mouse-autoselect-window set to t and
> focus-follows-mouse set to nil, moving the mouse over a non-focussed
> frame still changes the mode-line face and the tool bar of its
> windows, just as in the focussed frame.

I don't know whether debugging this is feasible but could you try to, in
`mouse-autoselect-window-select', insert some simple messages around the
lines I added and see why they apparently return non-nil. In particular
(window-frame window) shouldn't eq (window-frame (selected-window)) for
different frames.  Otherwise, I'd have to reset my registry somehow to
get the "standard" click-to-focus behavior :-(.