Re: mouse-autoselect-window

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:10:17 +0200

> I inserted messages in a progn before and after the sexp (eq
> (window-frame window) (window-frame (selected-window))), and also
> before and after mouse-autoselect-window-timer is set in
> mouse-autoselect-window-start.  But in all cases no message was
> issued.  I even redumped emacs, but still nothing.  Do you have a
> suggestion that you know will show a message?

It always did when I tested this.  But this has been throughly tested
only on Unix and Windows, never on GNU/Linux.  Could you try removing
the outer `condition-case' of `mouse-autoselect-window-select', I
suppose it triggers some error before getting there.

> One thing I notice with mouse-autoselect-window non-nil: if I set it
> to a noticeable delay, still when I move the mouse to another frame
> with split windows, and there onto a different window than was
> previously selected, then the previously selected mode line
> immediately displays the active face, and switches to inactive after
> the delay.  In other words, something in the mouse autoselect code
> seems to take effect immediately, ignoring the delay, as long as
> mouse-autoselect-window is non-nil.

If it's on a different frame it should be avoided by the code I sent
you.  Something must be bypassing it ...