Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 02:30:40 -0400

    The Carbon+AppKit port is not strictly a new port, but can be seen as
    a variant of the Carbon port.  That's one of the reasons I put such a
    name.  The Carbon+AppKit port provides the same feature sets and
    shares most of the code with the existing Carbon port.

If we install this, would we do so by changing the existing Carbon
port?

That might be something we could put into a 22.3 or 22.4 release if
Emacs 23 is not going to be as soon as we hope.  It depends on how
simple and safe the changes are.