Re: 23.0.50; MacOS X 10.4: very slow visuals, multi-tty patch suspected

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; MacOS X 10.4: very slow visuals, multi-tty patch suspected
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 02:32:14 -0400

    If the problem appeared with the recent multi-tty merge, as I am
    guessing, wouldn't it make sense to look at at least disabling that
    functionality selectively as configure options?

It makes no sense to create a configure option just because right now
there is a bug.  The thing to do is fix the bug.

MacOS is not highest priority for us, but there are people that want
to support it, and I expect they will fix the bug sooner or later.
You can help debug it, if it is important to you.