Re: mouse-autoselect-window

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:26:07 +0300

> From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 23:28:00 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> For MS Windows:
>
> I believe there are standard Windows API functions that can be used to
> raise or focus a particular top-level window, and consequently such
> hacks as are needed for X11 are not needed for MS Windows.

That is exactly true, and that's exactly why it is useless to set
focus-follows-mouse on MS-Windows: the w32 support code that handles
frame switches already uses the Windows API that you mentioned.

However, this all is correct for switching frames, and for switching
frames alone.  This thread is about something else: it's about the
code that selects a window, not raises a frame.